With a growing number of Hispanic residents in Grant County, St. Lawrence Catholic Church is attempting to reach out to them. One of the most visible methods of outreach is the addition of a Spanish Mass the first Saturday of each month. The special mass is conducted in the St. Lawrence Church by Fr. John Helmueller of Clear Lake, and begins at 7 p.m.
The old soldier monument which is now located by the courthouse was originally placed near downtown Milbank. Note the Review printing office building in the background. Editor Volkmar built away from Main Street after a fire in 1900 destroyed the building he constructed when he first moved to Milbank. His new building was located just north of the present day courthouse in Milbank, and today the lot it stood on is a Wells Fargo parking area. The picture was taken in 1904.